Thank you for joining our program! Registering in the MTC Online Website indicates that you agree to the Guidelines, so please read the following clauses closely.
Privacy and Copyright Policy
Your Registration and Enrollment information will be used only for the purpose of arranging the classes to you. Only when you consent to disclosing it or we are obligated by law to provide it to investigation authorities, will the said information be disclosed. The information will not be used for resale or trading with the third party.
- Members' credit card information will be used for your transaction on the MTC Online only and will not be disclosed.
- The MTC Online only grants you the access to the teaching materials of the MTC Online. Having the access does not entitle you to own the copyright or any intellectual property rights of the teaching materials or any contents you download from MTC Online. Unless with the consent of the copyright owners of the contents, you are only allowed to use the content of the website within the permission of the law.
2All members are enrolled in the MTC Online classes based on their own wishes, and they all agree to follow rules on class attendance, leave of absence, and make-up classes. They are willing to take the full responsibility for the consequences caused by their failure of complying with the rules.
3Members agree to provide multimedia contents recorded during the classes, such as video footage, sound recording and teaching materials to MTC, NTNU for the uses of researches, promotion and marketing free of charge.
Pre-class meeting Policy
- If you purchase one of our courses, we will provide a free pre-class meeting between students and teachers. The purpose of the initial free pre-class meeting is so that students and teachers can get to know each other. Teachers can also learn about the needs of the students, such as, the level of the student, the desired learning materials, what teaching methods students might prefer, the frequency and schedule of the class times can also be discussed.
- There is no charge for the pre-class meetings, but out of respect for the rights and interests of our teachers, it is required that you inform us if you cannot attend the session at least two hours before the pre-class meeting. If you do not attend and do no inform us of your absence there will be a 30-minute charge for your next pre-class meeting, this will be deducted from your purchased class hours. Continued unexcused absences of these pre-class meetings will accumulate charges at a rate of 30-minutes for each missed session.
- If either party cannot attend the pre-class meeting due to an “Act of God” such as natural disasters, political upheaval, or other unforeseen events then we can post-pone the pre-class meeting with no future charge. In this case, MTC reserves the right to determine what events qualify for this exception.
- Students must prepare computers, microphones, and ear phones by themselves for the classes. MTC is not responsible for providing computing devices.
- Please be on-time for the class. Students should take full responsibility for being tardy. Class sessions will not be extended and no make-up classes will be offered.
- Teachers will wait online for students for 20 minutes. When waiting for more than 20 minutes, teachers will go offline. No make-up class session will be offered.
- MTC Online will assign a teacher to have a meeting with you before a class begins officially to make sure your devices and internet connection work properly. If your software and hardware settings are changed after the class begins, please test the software and hardware first. The MTC is not responsible for any technical problems which are not caused by the MTC.
- If you encounter any technical problems, please email MTC Online Customer Service Mailbox, we will help you as soon as possible.
Class Absence Policy
- Unless due to reasons beyond your controls, leave requests must be sent to MTC Online at least 24 hours before a class session begins. Under this circumstance, please e-mail us your reason why you cannot send your leave request 24 hours before the class. We will review your reasons before approving.
- For 1-on-1 class students: After completing the leave request process, you may discuss with your teacher for the make-up class time. Make-up classes will not be granted for students who didn’t submit a leave request 24 hours in advance of the missed class session.
- For a class of 2 students(or more):A class session will be held as usual when there is at least one student attending the session.
Rules for Changing Class Times
- For 1-on-1 class: Students may adjust their class times or class schedule. Students should discuss with their teachers to make the change at least 3 days before the next class session starts.
- For a class of 2 students (or more): Since changing class times will affect other students, please do not change your class times.
- If you need to stop attending classes for a certain period of time, please write to us to apply for a long leave of absence to reserve your unfinished hours.
- Purchased hours must be used within one year following the purchase date.
- The Mandarin Training Center (MTC), hereby, set forth these guidelines for MTC students applying for refunds.
- These rules are pursuant to Mandarin Training Center National Taiwan Normal University Refund Guidelines (the revised version approved on February 21, 2012).
- "Refunds" in these rules only refer to tuition cost only. Other costs, including application fees and insurance costs (NT $500) will not be refunded. The tuition fee is fully refunded for application submitted within 7 days following registration and payment. 90% of the tuition fee is refunded for application submitted no later than the day before the program starts. 50% of the tuition fee is refunded when the used hours are less than 30% of the total class hours. No refunds will be given when the used hours are more than 30% of the total class hours.
Total Class Hours 50% of the tuition fee is refunded when used 20 Hours When the used class hours are less than 6 hours, 50% of the tuition fee is refunded.
- Any student that cannot attend classes due to circumstances beyond his/her control, within one week of the incident in question, may fill out a Tuition Refund Application explaining in details the reason for the refund request, and submit to the director of the MTC for approval. The tuition refund application must be received by the MTC by the application deadline. Tuition will be completely refunded for applications submitted no later than the day before the program starts. 70% of the tuition fee will be refunded for applications submitted before 1/3 of the class hours are completed. 40% of the tuition fee will be refunded for applications submitted after 1/3 of the class hours are completed. No refunds will be given for applications submitted after 2/3 of the class hours are completed.
- Members who find they are placed at a level unsuitable to them may switch to a different level of the same class series (the changed class should be already open) or switch to an individual class (students must pay for the tuition difference.) If no classes at the suitable level can be found, tuition fees can be fully refunded after the first class session.
- If the MTC cannot provide a suitable class because too few students sign up for a particular class or all appropriated classes are already filled, students can either apply for a full refund (to be requested no later than 7 days following the commencement of the term) or transfer the tuition fee to the next term (each term is one month long). The tuition fee can only be deferred for as long as 6 months.
- Any student that wishes to apply for a refund but whose situation does not fall under any of the aforementioned categories is to submit to the director of the MTC a request in writing explaining his/her reason for applying for the refund. If approved, a refund will be made.
9Under circumstances when it is necessary to shut down part or all of the MTC Online service, the service will be shut down after the MTC makes an announcement on the website. The MTC is not responsible for the inconvenience or data loss caused by the shutdown.
10Any additions or modification to these service guidelines will be posted on the website. After announcement, you are abided by the modified guidelines. The MTC will not notify each member of the changes individually. If you continue using the MTC Online service after the modified guidelines are announced, you are seen as agreeing to the updated version of the service guidelines.
11The interpretation or application of these service guidelines are pursuant to the law of the Republic of China.
12In case of any disputes arising between the members of the MTC Online and the MTC concerning the MTC Online service, the members agree to settle the disputes based on good faith. Should a lawsuit be brought up to resolve the dispute, both parties agree that Taiwan Taipei District Court shall be the court of the first instance.