- Learn the pronunciation system of Mandarin and cultivate the reading and writing ability of Chinese characters.
- Learn the vocabulary and syntaxes for self-introduction, greeting, telling time, ordering a meal, and discussing interests through various topical lessons.
- Learn the basic daily life conversation (such as talking about foods, travels or sports) and develop Chinese speaking ability.
- Everyday Chinese 1-1: Have never learned Chinese before.
- Everyday Chinese 1-2: Score more than 40 in the placement test.
- Everyday Chinese 1-3: Score more than 70 in the placement test.